Articles on this Page
- 09/07/17--17:00: _AGS to be delivered...
- 09/07/17--18:00: _Russia withdrawing ...
- 09/07/17--17:00: _Kongsberg to integr...
- 09/07/17--18:00: _Raytheon appoints n...
- 09/07/17--18:00: _Kaman announces res...
- 09/07/17--18:00: _Australia developin...
- 09/07/17--19:00: _Second Royal Navy a...
- 09/07/17--19:00: _Israel targets Syri...
- 09/07/17--19:00: _EU concludes first ...
- 09/11/17--23:33: _LIG Nex1 receives d...
- 09/11/17--23:34: _Indian Army to indu...
- 09/11/17--23:35: _Images suggest nava...
- 09/11/17--23:36: _French Guiana prepa...
- 09/11/17--23:37: _China donates milit...
- 09/11/17--23:39: _Bahrain F-16V procu...
- 09/12/17--00:00: _US gifts Humvees to...
- 09/12/17--00:00: _UK reorganises spec...
- 09/12/17--00:00: _SMEs urge greater c...
- 09/12/17--00:00: _Ricardo completes p...
- 09/12/17--00:00: _MSPO 2017: Czech–Po...
- 09/07/17--17:00: AGS to be delivered by early 2018
- 09/07/17--18:00: Russia withdrawing advanced weaponry out of eastern Ukraine
- 09/07/17--17:00: Kongsberg to integrate Protech with Defence Systems division
- 09/07/17--18:00: Raytheon appoints new president of international business
- 09/07/17--18:00: Kaman announces restructuring programme
- 09/07/17--18:00: Australia developing soldier-worn ‘Fight Recorder’
- 09/07/17--19:00: Second Royal Navy aircraft carrier named Prince of Wales
- 09/07/17--19:00: Israel targets Syrian weapons factory
- 09/07/17--19:00: EU concludes first defence ministers-only cyber exercise
- 09/11/17--23:33: LIG Nex1 receives domestic bidding ban
- 09/11/17--23:34: Indian Army to induct 800 women into military police
- 09/11/17--23:37: China donates military equipment to the Bahamas
- 09/11/17--23:39: Bahrain F-16V procurement and upgrade approved
- 09/12/17--00:00: US gifts Humvees to Albania
- 09/12/17--00:00: UK reorganises special forces aviation
- 09/12/17--00:00: Ricardo completes purchase of Control Point
- 09/12/17--00:00: MSPO 2017: Czech–Polish Husar 4x4 armoured carrier debuts
The Alliance Ground Surveillance (AGS) system will be delivered to NATO at the end of 2017 or early 2018, according to the company producing the Global Hawk remotely piloted aircraft (RPA). Northrop Grumman chief executive Europe, Andrew Tyler, said on 5 September the intervals between the
A staged withdrawal of Russian weapons from eastern Donbas is being reported
Russian president Vladimir Putin proposed on 5 September that UN peacekeeping forces be deployed in the region
Military analysts in Ukraine keeping track of developments in the eastern Donbas provinces of
Military and marine technology company Kongsberg Gruppen announced on 8 September that it is to merge its two main defence businesses from 1 October. After the merger, both Kongsberg Defence Systems and Kongsberg Protech Systems will operate under the new business area Kongsberg Defence &
US defence electronics and missile specialist Raytheon announced on 7 September that it had named a new president of its Raytheon International Inc business. Christopher J Davis, who previously led the company’s presence in the United Arab Emirates, replaces Thomas A Vecchiolla, who has
US aerospace systems producer Kaman revealed plans to restructure its business on 7 September, through which the company aims to increase operating efficiency and profitability.
The restructure, mainly affecting the firm’s Aerospace division, will close its Composite Structures unit in
Australia is developing a soldier-worn system designed to capture “valuable data" on the battlefield and act as an emergency beacon to reduce the time taken to reach and treat battlefield casualties, according to a statement by the Department of Defence (DoD) in Canberra.
Prince of Wales , the Royal Navy's second future aircraft carrier, was officially named during a ceremony in Rosyth, Scotland, on 8 September.
During the ceremony, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Rothesay, the carrier's sponsor, triggered the breaking of a bottle of 10-year-old Laphroaig whisky
The IAF appears to have hit a Syrian weapons development and production facility on 7 September
Israeli officials have been warning that Syrian facilities are being used to produce weapons for Hizbullah
The Israeli Air Force (IAF) appears to have carried out its first known strike
The EU concluded its first table-top cyber exercise on 7 September involving only national defence ministers who had to deal, both individually and collectively, with multiple hybrid and computer-related attacks. NATO officials fully participated for the first time as well in the event, which took
South Korean defence firm LIG Nex1 has received a ban on bidding for domestic contracts for three months, the company confirmed in a filing to the South Korean stock exchange on 8 September.
LIG Nex1 said the injunction was invoked by the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA), South
A day after Nirmala Sitharaman took over as India’s first full-time woman defence minister, the Indian Army (IA) announced that it is fast-tracking the recruitment of women soldiers into the service, beginning with their induction into the Corps of Military Police (CMP).
Images have emerged on Chinese online forums showing a Hongdu Aviation Industry Group JL-10 aircraft (manufacturer’s designation L-15) featuring the standard camouflage and tail insignia of the People’s Liberation Army Navy Air Force (PLANAF): an indication that a naval variant of the
French Guiana, an overseas department of France, is working to address a number of security concerns, from illicit mining and fishing to securing the European spaceport, which is hosted by the territory.
On 23–27 August, a small detachment from France’s 9th marine infantry unit took
The People’s Republic of China (PRC) has donated military equipment worth approximately USD1.2 million to the Royal Bahamas Defence Force (RDBF), according to the RDBF.
The equipment was officially handed over in a ceremony at the RBDF’s Coral Harbour base in Nassau, in late August.
Bahrain has been approved to procure 22 new Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcons and to upgrade its existing fleet of 20 aircraft, in two separate deals valued at a combined USD3.86 billion.
The approvals, announced by the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) on 8 September, comprise
Albania has received the first 6 of 248 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs or Humvees) donated by the United States to the Albanian Land Forces, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in Tirana said at the beginning of September.
Defence Minister Mimi Kodheli and the US ambassador in
A flight of special forces-trained personnel is to be set up to operate the UK Army Air Corps (AAC) AgustaWestland Wildcat reconnaissance helicopters as part of a major reorganisation of the United Kingdom’s special forces aviation support operation.
The formation of the “extreme
Greater co-operation between the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) and small- to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and technology companies needs to be fostered if the UK armed forces are to stay ahead of their adversaries, according to industry representatives.
The message from representatives of
UK firm Ricardo has completed its deal for US-based Control Point as part of an effort to increase the company’s presence in the United States, the company announced on 11 September. According to a press release issued in August when the deal was initially announced, Ricardo was slated to pay
The Husar 4x4 armoured carrier was presented at the MSPO international defence industry exhibition in Kielce, Poland, on 5–8 September. The vehicle is a joint project between Polish company H. Cegielski – Poznan (HCP) and Koprivnice-based Tatra Defense Vehicles, now operating