- RSS Channel Showcase 4967040
- RSS Channel Showcase 9250697
- RSS Channel Showcase 4825489
- RSS Channel Showcase 8848666
Articles on this Page
- 09/18/17--17:00: _National Guard chie...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _MEPs approve report...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Japan deploys PAC-3...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Israel announces fi...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Elbit moving defenc...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _DSEI 2017: Australi...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Chinese company Ten...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _Airbus expecting la...
- 09/18/17--17:00: _AIA picks former ar...
- 09/18/17--19:00: _USAF to soon select...
- 09/18/17--19:00: _US has military opt...
- 09/18/17--19:00: _Israel shoots down UAV
- 09/19/17--16:00: _Ukrainian/Chinese j...
- 09/19/17--16:00: _AFA 2017: US budget...
- 09/19/17--17:00: _Spanish Army to sta...
- 09/19/17--17:00: _Singapore Technolog...
- 09/19/17--17:00: _SH-60F deliveries t...
- 09/19/17--17:00: _Russian plans to up...
- 09/19/17--17:00: _Philippines to rece...
- 09/19/17--17:00: _Japan to fund USN c...
- 09/18/17--17:00: National Guard chief happy with reserve force readiness
- 09/18/17--17:00: Israel announces first permanent US military facility
- 09/18/17--17:00: Elbit moving defence work out of Cyberbit
- 09/18/17--17:00: Chinese company Tengoen unveils several armed UAVs
- 09/18/17--17:00: Airbus expecting layoffs in Spain
- 09/18/17--17:00: AIA picks former army secretary for top job
- 09/18/17--19:00: USAF to soon select two additional F-35A bases
- 09/18/17--19:00: Israel shoots down UAV
- 09/19/17--17:00: Spanish Army to start incorporating Lince BMS in its vehicles
- 09/19/17--17:00: Singapore Technologies invests in US cyber firm
- 09/19/17--17:00: SH-60F deliveries to Spanish Navy to take three years
- 09/19/17--17:00: Russian plans to upgrade T-80 and T-90 jeopardise Armata programme
- 09/19/17--17:00: Philippines to receive six ScanEagle UASs
The US National Guard is pleased with its readiness to perform required missions, and expects its army units to gain even more training time next year.
“We are right were we’re supposed to be on what we’re drilled to go do,” Air Force General Joseph Lengyel, chief of the
The European Union should set up a new supervisory body for arms exports, while tightening its existing rules governing export criteria and reporting obligations at a national level, according to a report approved by members of the European Parliament (MEPs) on 13 September.
The report by Swedish
The Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) have moved the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) air defence system deployed on the country’s northern island of Hokkaido to an area located closer to the flight path taken by North Korea’s latest two Hwaseong-12 (also known as KN-17)
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on 18 September that the first permanent US military facility has been established in Israel.
The IDF said the facility at the Israeli Air Force’s (IAF’s) Aerial Defense Academy in southern Israel will house dozens of US soldiers who will be
Elbit Systems is turning its cyber security subsidiary, Cyberbit, into a pure-play commercial company, Elbit announced on 19 September.
Cyberbit’s existing defence work will be moved into Elbit’s C4I unit, with Cyberbit continuing to offer cyber security primarily for the financial
The Australian Army is planning to equip every combat platoon with PD-100 Black Hornet micro-unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and each combat team with RQ-12 Wasp mini-UAVs, the service’s head of land capability has indicated.
The plans were detailed by Major General Kathryn Toohey at the
Chinese company Tengoen unveiled a series of armed reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at the 14th China–ASEAN Expo in Nanning from 12 to 15 September, including two fixed-wing and two vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) UAVs.
One of the platforms displayed in the southern Chinese
The president of Airbus in Spain, Fernando Alonso, has warned that there will be layoffs of workers because of the continuing slow pace of orders for the company’s A400M military transport.
He told trade union representatives that jobs on the heavy airlifter and the civil airliner A380
The Aerospace Industries Association (AIA), the largest US industry group for the aerospace and defence sector, has selected Eric Fanning as its new chief executive, the organisation announced on 18 September. Fanning most recently served as the secretary of the US Army during the former Barack
The Pentagon is shortly to determine the location of a base for an additional Air National Guard unit with new Lockheed Martin F-35A Joint Strike Fighters.
A review is now complete, and its results are being analysed. A basing decision is expected "in the next couple of months", Air Force
US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis has indicated that Washington has military options for North Korea that would not put the South Korean capital Seoul at great risk from a counter-attack by Pyongyang.
However, Mattis declined to go into details when asked on 18 September what those options might
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) fired a Patriot surface-to-air missile at an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that entered the demilitarized zone on the Syrian-Israeli border on 19 September, IDF spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus stated.
He said the Iranian-made UAV was operated by
A joint venture (JV) between Ukrainian aero-engine manufacturer Motor Sich and Beijing Skyrizon Aviation Industry Investment Co Ltd - China’s only private-sector aero-engine firm – is aiming to expand its profile in China through investment in an industrial facility in Chongqing, in the
Budget uncertainty is preventing the US Air Force from boosting munition procurement
The service has expended 90,000 munitions since 2014 and needs to replenish its supply
Another continuing resolution (CR) to start a new fiscal year is hampering the US Air Force’s (USAF's)
A new battle management system (BMS) upgrade developed by Indra and Thales is expected to start integration into Spanish Army units from early 2018 and be fully operational within two years.
The latest BMS-Lince ET [Ejercito de Tierra or Army] will be fitted in “all the army’s
Singapore Technologies Engineering (ST Engineering) has secured a minority stake in a US cyber security firm, Janus Technologies, it was announced on 19 September.
ST Engineering said the investment is worth USD5.79 million and is being made through the group’s newly-established subsidiary ST
The Spanish Navy is due to receive the remaining five revamped Sikorsky SH-60F tactical transport helicopters ordered from the US Navy over the next three years, Secretary of State for Defence Agustin Conde has said.
At a conference on 19 September for the centenary celebrations of Spanish naval
The Russian Ministry of Defence’s (MoD’s) 7 September announcement that it was revising plans to permanently remove 10,000 armoured vehicles from its inventory and upgrade T-80 and T-90 series main battle tanks (MBTs) could jeopardise the future of the Armata programme. The announcement
The Philippines is to receive six Insitu ScanEagle unmanned aircraft systems (UASs) under a USD9.97 million contract announced by the US Department of Defense (DoD) on 18 September.
The contract covers the six UASs – one UAS typically comprises upwards of 12 air vehicles as well as associated
The Japanese government is to fund a USD17.9-million contract awarded to Virginia-based firm Contrack Watts for the construction of a waterfront headquarters building at US Naval Base Guam, as part of an agreement between Tokyo and Washington to relocate Okinawa-based US Marine Corps (USMC)