- RSS Channel Showcase 1803901
- RSS Channel Showcase 6121261
- RSS Channel Showcase 3645477
- RSS Channel Showcase 4366419
Articles on this Page
- 10/08/17--18:00: _AUSA 2017: Saab del...
- 10/08/17--18:00: _AUSA 2017: Polaris ...
- 10/08/17--18:00: _AUSA 2017: GM, US A...
- 10/08/17--19:00: _South Korea, US ste...
- 10/08/17--19:00: _Poland seeks short-...
- 10/09/17--16:00: _Sri Lanka proposes ...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _US Army marks Lakot...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _Russian Su-24 crash...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _Remdiesel unveils m...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _RAF increases F-35 ...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _Qatar seeks Hawk je...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _NATO explores inter...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _Kremlin maritime th...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _German Tornadoes fl...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _First Lebanese Supe...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _AUSA 2017: US Navy ...
- 10/09/17--17:00: _AUSA 2017: New Prof...
- 10/09/17--18:00: _USN awards LCS bloc...
- 10/09/17--18:00: _Turkish soldiers cr...
- 10/09/17--18:00: _North Korean hacker...
- 10/08/17--19:00: Poland seeks short-range ATGM
- 10/09/17--16:00: Sri Lanka proposes small increase in defence spending
- 10/09/17--17:00: US Army marks Lakota milestone
- 10/09/17--17:00: Russian Su-24 crashes in Syria
- 10/09/17--17:00: Remdiesel unveils modernised MT-LB multi-purpose armoured vehicle
- 10/09/17--17:00: RAF increases F-35 risk rating
- 10/09/17--17:00: Qatar seeks Hawk jet trainers
- 10/09/17--17:00: NATO explores internet of things’ situational awareness
- 10/09/17--17:00: German Tornadoes fly first mission from Jordan
- 10/09/17--17:00: First Lebanese Super Tucanos arrive
- 10/09/17--17:00: AUSA 2017: US Navy buys more unmanned Blackwing systems
- 10/09/17--17:00: AUSA 2017: New Profense guns add punch to fast-craft missions
- 10/09/17--18:00: USN awards LCS block-buy deals worth USD1.2 billion
- 10/09/17--18:00: Turkish soldiers cross into Syria’s Idlib province
- 10/09/17--18:00: North Korean hackers reportedly stole US-South Korean war plans
In late September US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) received nine 'Breakaway' camouflage systems and has already deployed them into operations, Brian Keller, president and general manager of Saab Barracuda, told Jane’s ahead of the annual Association of the US Army (AUSA) conference.
Polaris has signed a number of new deals and is now selling its small mobility vehicles to more than 30 countries, the company’s director of international business development, Doug Malikowski, told Jane’s ahead of the Association of the United States Army’s annual conference.
Hydrogen fuel cell technology to power ground vehicles appears to be proving stable enough for possible military use, as the fuel has been tested as relatively safe during US Army demonstrations with General Motor’s (GM’s) ZH2 hydrogen fuel cell-powered electric truck.
The ZH2 is based
South Korean and US forces have stepped up North Korea-related reconnaissance operations amid growing speculation that the communist country could test a long-range ballistic missile in the near future, the Yonhap news agency quoted a military source in Seoul as saying on 8 October.
US Forces Korea
Poland’s Armament Inspectorate has initiated a technical dialogue for a short-range anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) system, labelled ‘Pustelnik’.
Poland is seeking information about lightweight shoulder-fired ATGM systems with a range of 1,400 m. The technical dialogue will be
The Sri Lankan government has proposed a 2018 defence budget of LKR290.7 billion (USD1.9 billion). The allocation is contained in the 2018 appropriation bill, which was presented to Sri Lanka’s parliament on 9 October.
The defence budget amounts to about 7% of total government expenditure for
The US Army has received its 400th Airbus Helicopters UH-72A Lakota training and support platform into service, Airbus announced on 9 October.
The milestone comes 11 years after the civil variant EC 145 was selected by the army in 2006 to conduct pilot training, while freeing up frontline
A Russian Sukhoi Su-24 bomber crashed during take-off at Humaymim Air Base in Syria on 10 October, Russian news agencies cited the Ministry of Defence as saying.
The two crew members did not have time to eject and thus were killed. No casualties on the ground were reported.
The cause of the
Russian firm’ Remdiesel has unveiled an updated version of the MT-LB multi-purpose armoured vehicle that has been designated MLBSh, thought to mean Multi-Purpose Light Protected Amphibious Chassis.
The MLBSh has a laden weight of 10,500 kg, and can carry a payload of 2,500 kg and a crew of
The United Kingdom has increased its risk rating of the Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter because of delays in delivering representative simulators to the Royal Air Force (RAF).
Details of the issues with the United Kingdom’s F-35 simulators were revealed in a
Qatar’s recent letter of intent (LOI) for the procurement of Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft also included the provision of six previously undisclosed BAE Systems Hawk jet trainers.
The inclusion of the Hawks was revealed in a wider BAE Systems communique announcing organizational changes
The cyber policy of either NATO or the EU remains officially defensive, but both are pushing the limits of what constitutes defence by not only boosting their cyber situational awareness and reaction time, but exploiting the potential of the internet of things (IoT) to confront and contain security
On 3 October Russia made public its most recent top level maritime threat assessment, distributed at the end of September to members of the Maritime Board led by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitri Rogozin and then sent to President Vladimir Putin.
The document, entitled ‘On a comprehensive
Luftwaffe Tornadoes flew their first mission from Al-Asraq, Jordan, on 9 October, the Bundeswehr has announced.
Two Tornadoes conducted reconnaissance flights against the so-called Islamic State, marking the full operational capability of the aircraft since the German contingent moved from
The Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) announced the delivery of its first two Embraer EMB 313/A-29 Super Tucano light-attack and reconnaissance aircraft on 9 October, saying the aircraft had landed at Hamat Air Base north of Beirut. Another four are scheduled to arrive before the end of 2018.
The US Navy (USN) has awarded AeroVironment a USD2.5 million contract for additional multiple Blackwing unmanned aircraft, sensor payloads, and refurbishment kits, the company announced on 9 October.
The initial set of vehicles is anticipated for delivery by May 2018, and final delivery is
Profense has developed an advanced single barrel .50 caliber gun, called the PF 50, and a swivel-mounted six barrel 7.62 mm Gatling gun, called the PF M134, which company officials say could be ideal for maritime fast-craft missions.
The PF 50 features an electric chain drive and uses the stalwart
While the US Navy (USN) starts building its requests for proposals for its new frigates, the service is still bolstering its fleet of Littoral Combat Ships (LCS) with two 6 October contract awards worth a combined total of about USD1.2 billion for the next block-buy deals for the vessels, split
Turkish soldiers crossed into Idlib province in northwest Syria on 8 October to set up observation posts, the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) announced on 9 October.
The TSK said the operation was being conducted as part of the trilateral Astana Process under which it has agreed with Russia and Iran to
North Korean hackers are believed to have stolen a large amount of classified military documents in 2016, including the latest South Korean-US wartime operational plan, according to the Yonhap news agency.
Citing information from unnamed defence officials, Lee Cheol-hee, a South Korean lawmaker