- RSS Channel Showcase 8064925
- RSS Channel Showcase 4690694
- RSS Channel Showcase 6880913
- RSS Channel Showcase 9621631
Articles on this Page
- 07/11/17--17:00: _UK assessing Poseid...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Private equity acqu...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Poland reinforces a...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Pentagon budget 201...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Oman receives first...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Luftwaffe flies fir...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Czech government ap...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _China seeks to impr...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _China opens technol...
- 07/11/17--17:00: _Bulgarian Air Force...
- 07/11/17--18:00: _US Department of St...
- 07/11/17--18:00: _US Air Force office...
- 07/11/17--19:00: _US state department...
- 07/11/17--19:00: _US Eighth Army cele...
- 07/12/17--15:00: _US Navy secretary n...
- 07/12/17--16:00: _Senate defence poli...
- 07/12/17--16:00: _Key European Parlia...
- 07/12/17--16:00: _China sends first t...
- 07/12/17--16:00: _British Army to kee...
- 07/12/17--16:00: _3D printed parts he...
- 07/11/17--17:00: UK assessing Poseidon as potential Sentinel replacement
- 07/11/17--17:00: Private equity acquires Astro-Tek
- 07/11/17--17:00: Poland reinforces armour
- 07/11/17--17:00: Oman receives first Pars III IFVs
- 07/11/17--17:00: Luftwaffe flies first MRTT aerial refueling mission from Jordan
- 07/11/17--17:00: Czech government approves DANA modernisation
- 07/11/17--17:00: China seeks to improve logistic support for warships in Indian Ocean
- 07/11/17--17:00: China opens technology transfer centre in Pakistan
- 07/11/17--17:00: Bulgarian Air Force reorganises training
- 07/11/17--18:00: US Air Force officer voices concern with defence against UASs
- 07/11/17--19:00: US state department gives UK green light to procure JLTV
- 07/11/17--19:00: US Eighth Army celebrates opening of new headquarters in South Korea
- 07/12/17--16:00: China sends first troop contingent to Djibouti base
- 07/12/17--16:00: British Army to keep vehicle depot in Germany
- 07/12/17--16:00: 3D printed parts help keep USN T-45 trainers aloft
The United Kingdom is looking to use the Boeing P-8A Poseidon maritime multimission aircraft (MMA) to replace the Raytheon Sentinel R1 Airborne Stand-Off Radar (ASTOR) aircraft in the overland surveillance role, the government disclosed on 11 July.
Answering questions in the House of Commons, the
US private equity fund White Wolf Capital announced on 10 July that it had acquired aerospace and defence equipment manufacturer Astro-Tek.
California-based Astro-Tek designs and manufactures equipment for use by the aerospace and defence industry to manufacture, test, maintain, and service
Under its new strategic defence review, Poland plans to expand its armoured component by purchasing additional Leopard 2 main battle tanks (MBTs), upgrading older T-72 and PT-91 tanks, and increasing the level of protection of other combat vehicles.
The defence review, published in May 2017, sets
The House’s fiscal year 2018 (FY 2018) defence authorisation bill would, if enacted, add about USD80 billion in discretionary appropriations over the 2019–22 period, according to a new congressional report. About USD15.3 billion would be for higher end-strength authorisations.
Turkey’s FNSS Savunma Sistemleri armoured vehicle manufacturer revealed on 12 July that Oman had ordered 172 8x8 Pars III armoured vehicles when it announced that the first ones had been delivered.
The announcement included photographs of a Pars III infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) painted in
An Airbus A310 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) began regular operations from the Royal Jordanian Air Force base of Al-Asrak on 11 July, the Bundeswehr announced.
The mission spanned several hours and involved aerial refuelling of coalition aircraft over Syria and Iraq, according to the
On 10 July the Czech government approved a request by the ministry of defence (MoD) to provide CZK1.27 billion (USD55.7 million) in funding for the modernisation of 33 Army of the Czech Republic (ACR) 152 mm SpGH DANA (ShKH vz.77) self-propelled howitzers (SPHs).
"The modernisation [programme]
While on passage to the Baltic Sea, the Chinese destroyer Hefei and the frigate Yuncheng were recently refuelled and replenished with fresh water during a rendezvous in the Gulf of Aden with the Type 903A supply ship Gaoyouhu , the China Military Online website reported on 10 July – providing
China has opened a facility in Pakistan to channel technology transfers to the country in support of local industrial development, according to an announcement on 10 July. The facility is the first of several that Beijing plans to open across South Asia.
The first sub-regional facility of the
Under the latest reorganisation of the Bulgarian Air Force (BVVS), effective as of 1 July, the Training Aviation Group 'Georgi Benkovski' has been detached from the 3rd Air Base Graf Ignatievo and transformed into an air force training base reporting directly to the head of the BVVS.
The US Department of State has approved a possible USD101.4 million Foreign Military Sale of 120-mm tank ammunition and related support services to Australia, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said in an 11 July statement.
The government in Canberra had requested a possible sale of
A top US Air Force officer says he lacks authority to defend bases from small UASs
Attacks from small UASs could cripple critical aircraft or capabilities
A top US Air Force (USAF) officer says he’s concerned about his lack of government authority to counter small unmanned aerial
On 10 July 2017, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced that the US state department had approved a possible Foreign Military Sale of 2,747 Oshkosh Defense Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs) to the United Kingdom for over USD1 billion.
As expected, the vehicles, while
The US Eighth Army has held a ceremony to mark the opening of its new headquarters in the seaport city of Pyeongtaek, in South Korea’s northwestern Gyeonggi Province. The event, which took place on 11 July, “marked the unit's transformation and represented its successful relocation from
Spencer supported a Senate provision authorising a prize competition to fix an aircraft issue
The Pentagon is struggling to figure out how certain pilots are experiencing physiological conditions
The nominee to become the next US Navy secretary endorsed a legislative provision that
Senate policy bill wants Department of Defense to consider adding 28 more GMD interceptors
Recent successful test apparently boosted lawmaker confidence in system
The Senate’s version of the fiscal year 2018 defence authorisation bill wants the Pentagon to consider adding 28 more
The European Parliament’s lead committee on the issue voted overwhelmingly to expand the EU’s foreign aid instrument to allow it to purchase non-lethal equipment on behalf of security forces in failing or weak states, mainly in Africa.
The European Parliament’s Committee on
China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has despatched its first troop contingent to Djibouti ahead of the official establishment of the East Asian country’s first military support base in a foreign country.
Yuzhao-class (Type 071) amphibious ship Jinggangshan and
A large armoured vehicle storage site is to be kept open in Germany by the British Army for at least four years after the withdrawal of the last UK combat units from the country in 2019.
The sprawling site at Ayrshire Barracks, Mönchengladbach, in North Rhein-Westphalia, is currently the
The navy is using 3-D printed parts in its T-45 trainer aircraft
The parts could help reduce physiological episodes in pilots
The US Navy’s (USN’s) Additive Manufacturing (AM) Warfare Center Working Group recently addressed a critical fleet need using 3-D printing, USN