- RSS Channel Showcase 6127732
- RSS Channel Showcase 4901226
- RSS Channel Showcase 9576154
- RSS Channel Showcase 9613328
Articles on this Page
- 10/11/17--17:00: _South African milit...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _QinetiQ Australia i...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _North Korean hacker...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Danish government p...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _China lodges compla...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _BIRD details Africa...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _AUSA 2017: US Army ...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _AUSA 2017: Army beg...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Arms and Security 2...
- 10/11/17--17:00: _Airbus boosts owner...
- 10/11/17--18:00: _Two IAF commandos k...
- 10/11/17--18:00: _Spanish Eurofighter...
- 10/11/17--18:00: _Serbia to modernise...
- 10/11/17--18:00: _Lockheed Senior Vic...
- 10/11/17--18:00: _Australian Departme...
- 10/11/17--19:00: _Ukroboronprom pursu...
- 10/11/17--19:00: _Arms and Security 2...
- 10/11/17--19:00: _Arms and Security 2...
- 10/12/17--16:00: _US Navy quietly rel...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _PT Pindad to expand...
- 10/11/17--17:00: South African military looking at evolving threats
- 10/11/17--17:00: QinetiQ Australia inaugurates office in Adelaide
- 10/11/17--17:00: North Korean hackers reportedly stole US-South Korean war plans
- 10/11/17--17:00: Danish government proposes 20% increase to defence budget by 2023
- 10/11/17--17:00: China lodges complaint over US FONOP in South China Sea
- 10/11/17--17:00: BIRD details African ASIO project
- 10/11/17--17:00: AUSA 2017: US Army mulls new short-range air defence solutions
- 10/11/17--17:00: Airbus boosts ownership of Malaysian MRO firm
- 10/11/17--18:00: Two IAF commandos killed in gunfight with Kashmiri militants
- 10/11/17--18:00: Spanish Eurofighter crashes, pilot killed
- 10/11/17--18:00: Serbia to modernise air defence system
- 10/11/17--18:00: Lockheed Senior Vice President selected for Pentagon policy role
- 10/11/17--18:00: Australian Department of Defence downplays importance of cyber leak
- 10/11/17--19:00: Ukroboronprom pursues cooperation with Lithuanian defence industry
- 10/11/17--19:00: Arms and Security 2017: Ukrainian Armor unveils combat UAV system
- 10/12/17--17:00: PT Pindad to expand munitions capability
The South Africa’s Department of Defence (DoD) recently released Annual Performance Plan document for 2017 indicates that more will be expected of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) to meet the evolving strategic challenges at a time when funding continues to decrease in real
QinetiQ Australia has inaugurated a new office in Adelaide, South Australia, as part of the company’s continuing expansion in the country.
Upon formally opening the office on 11 October, Australia’s Minister for Defence Industry, Christopher Pyne, said the company now employed more than
North Korean hackers are believed to have stolen a large amount of classified military documents in 2016, including the latest South Korean-US wartime operational plan, according to the Yonhap news agency.
Citing information from unnamed defence officials, Lee Cheol-hee, a South Korean lawmaker
The Danish government announced a significant rise in planned defence expenditure on 11 October, with an extra DKK4.8 billion (USD763 million) to be added to the annual defence budget by 2023.
The extra funding, which equates to a rise in annual spending of 20% from current levels, has been
China has said that it lodged stern representations with the United States over what it claimed was a recent incursion by a US Navy (USN) destroyer into Chinese territorial waters near the Paracel Islands in the disputed South China Sea (SCS).
The Ministry of National Defense (MND) in Beijing said
BIRD Aerosystems has delivered its Airborne Surveillance, Information, and Observation (ASIO) solution to an African state, the Israeli defence company has told Jane’s . It did not identify the client.
Worth about USD20 million, the contract included delivering a maritime patrol aircraft
The US Army is exploring options to improve its dwindling short-range air defence (SHORAD) capabilities, and is looking at near-term options as well as replacing its legacy Humvee-based Avenger Air Defense Systems.
To explore some possible industry-developed solutions, the army in September 2017
Army set to conduct comparative research on DP-14 UAS and UH-60 Black Hawk
In 2019 TATRC will begin research on autonomous medical systems
The US Army’s Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC) and Dragonfly Picture (DPI) are using the company’s tandem
At the 2017 Arms and Security Exhibition in Kiev, Serhii Prolubschykov, the Deputy Chief of the Commercial Department at Ukroboronservice, provided details of a new mobile mortar system geared towards special forces and airborne troops.
Currently in trials with the Ukrainian Army, the Mobile Mortar
Airbus has increased its ownership in the Malaysian maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) specialist Sepang Aircraft Engineering (SAE), the European group announced on 12 October.
Airbus has owned a 40% stake in SAE since 2011 but the Kuala Lumpur-based firm now becomes a wholly-owned Airbus
Two Indian Air Force (IAF) Garud special forces personnel were killed in a firefight with Islamist militants in the restive northern Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir on 10 October.
The Indian government’s Press Information Bureau (PIB) said in a statement that the Garuds, who were operating
A Spanish Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon crashed near its base on 12 October, shortly after taking part in a military flypast over Madrid, killing the pilot.
The Typhoon belonged to 14 Wing located at Los Llanos, near Albacete.
Witnesses reported seeing the plane make a ‘strange turn’,
Serbia will upgrade its air defences, the acting assistant minister for material resources in the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has said.
Nenad Miloradovic told local TV station Pink on 8 October that short-range air defence systems would be modernised by local companies, while existing Neva fixed and
Senior Vice President of Lockheed Martin International John Rood has been selected by US President Donald Trump to fill the role of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy at the Department of Defense, it was announced on 12 October.
Previously Raytheon’s vice president of US business
Australian cyber security officials have played down the importance of technical data stolen by hackers in 2016 about a series of military programmes and platforms, including the F-35A Lockheed Martin Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter and the P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft.
State-owned Ukrainian defence manufacturer Ukroboronprom announced on 11 October that it had signed a memorandum of understanding with the Lithuanian Defence and Security Industry Association (LDSIA) aimed at fostering co-operation between defence companies from the two countries.
The move is part
At the 2017 Arms and Security Exhibition in Kiev, the Deputy Director of Ukrainian Armor, Dmytro Polyakov, explained the company's new combat unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) concept. This uses four UAVs controlled from Varta 4×4 vehicles to attack enemy positions.
The Varta platform was designed
At the 2017 Arms and Security Exhibition in Kiev, technicians from the Arsenal State Enterprise discussed a new air defence radar and optical tracking suite that can be used to upgrade any air defence system, displaying the new ZSU-23-4M self-propelled anti-aircraft gun as an example.
The US Navy released its final RFP for its MQ-29 Stingray UAV aerial refueler
This formally kicks off the acquisition process and, eventually, a contract award
The US Navy (USN) released its MQ-25 Stingray Unmanned Carrier Aviation Air System (UCAAS) final request for proposal (RFP) to
Indonesian land systems specialist PT Pindad has announced new investment to construct a small-calibre munitions factory at its ammunitions production site in Malang, West Java.
The company said on 11 October that it has already commenced construction of the factory, which will expand its