Articles on this Page
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Nigerian Navy to en...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Chad withdraws troo...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _US, South Korea to ...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Turkey could look f...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _South Korean JCS pl...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Russian, Syrian jet...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Russian special exp...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Image suggests DART...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _EU policymakers cal...
- 10/12/17--17:00: _Belgian UAV crashes...
- 10/15/17--16:00: _Indonesian Navy com...
- 10/15/17--16:00: _India to sell off s...
- 10/15/17--16:00: _Chile considers buy...
- 10/15/17--16:00: _ADEX 2017: Boeing’s...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _USN destroyer shoot...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _US Marines end six-...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _UK MoD makes SME aw...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _South Korean milita...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _Sources: Venezuela ...
- 10/15/17--17:00: _Leonardo pitches M6...
- 10/12/17--17:00: Nigerian Navy to enforce ban on embarked security teams
- 10/12/17--17:00: Chad withdraws troops from Niger
- 10/12/17--17:00: Russian, Syrian jets seen at eastern bases
- 10/12/17--17:00: Russian special expedition tests advanced wheeled vehicles
- 10/12/17--17:00: Belgian UAV crashes in Portugal
- 10/15/17--16:00: India to sell off stake in helicopter services company
- 10/15/17--16:00: Chile considers buying more Type 23 frigates from UK
- 10/15/17--17:00: USN destroyer shoots down missile during NATO drill
- 10/15/17--17:00: UK MoD makes SME awards for CBRN UAVs
- 10/15/17--17:00: Sources: Venezuela restarts effort to buy Russian submarines
- 10/15/17--17:00: Leonardo pitches M60 tank upgrade in Bahrain
The Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO) shipping association informed its members on 11 October that the Nigerian Navy intends to enforce a ban on non-naval personnel carrying weapons in Nigerian waters, a rule that applies to other government forces, as well as private security teams
Chad has withdrawn hundreds of soldiers from neighbouring Niger since late September, Reuters cited officials and humanitarian sources as saying on 12 October.
Reuters said no reason has been given for the withdrawal, but noted it came after the US government announced on 24 September that it had
Vessels from the US Navy (USN) and the Republic of Korea Navy (RoKN) will conduct the joint “Maritime Counter Special Operations” exercise from 16–26 October, amid heightened tensions in the region over North Korea’s development and testing of nuclear weapons and ballistic
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said Turkey could sign an agreement with another country if Russia refuses to transfer technology on S-400 surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems in the medium and long term. However, he also confirmed in an interview with Turkey’s
As part of the planned transfer of wartime operational control (OPCON) of South Korean troops from the United States, the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) in Seoul are looking to expand and reorganise the South Korean military's centre into a strategic command that responds to threats from weapons of
Russian Su-25s appear to be using Tiyas Air Base as a forward arming and refuelling point
Syrian L-39s are now deployed at Tadmur Air Base
Russian Sukhoi Su-25 ‘Frogfoot’ strike aircraft appear to be using Tiyas (T4) Air Base in Syria’s Homs province as a forward
The Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has completed a special expedition to test advanced wheeled vehicles, Russian Deputy Defence Minister Army General Dmitry Bulgakov said.
During the expedition, the vehicles ascended Mount Elbrus to a height of 4,000 meters. When the expedition was completed,
The Diamond Aircraft Industries DART-450 tandem turboprop-powered trainer has emerged as a possible candidate for a new People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) basic training aircraft, according to information provided by Chinese reporter Wu Jie.
The journalist posted a photograph on his
EU policymakers are calling for a more “structured dialogue” with Washington on defence and security matters – an appeal to which US diplomats say they are ready to act on.
They said a more regular EU-US forum for consultations should cover the widest possible range of objectives,
A Belgian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) crashed near Portugal’s Beja air base on 10 October, Portuguese media have reported.
The Belgian Ministry of Defence (MoD) told Jane’s the B-Hunter UAV made a forced landing. “On the evening of 10 October, the B-Hunter made a precautionary
The Indonesian Navy (Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut: TNI-AL) has commissioned its first two new AS565 MBe Panther helicopters and a Beechcraft King Air 350i transport aircraft.
The assets were inducted on 13 October at an airbase in Juanda, Surabaya in a commissioning ceremony presided
The Indian government has announced the sale of its controlling stake in state-owned helicopter service company Pawan Hans.
The invitation for expressions of interest (EIO), published on 13 October, outlines the sale of the government’s entire 51% stake. The remaining 49% is held by the Oil
The Chilean Navy is considering buying additional second-hand Type 23 frigates after British representatives informed that ships of the type could soon be for sale, military sources in Santiago told Jane's .
Chile operates three Type 23 frigates procured second-hand in 2005 and commissioned between
Boeing is focusing all of its maritime patrol aircraft (MPA) attentions at this year’s International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX) in Seoul on its P-8A Poseidon maritime multimission aircraft (MMA), following the company decision earlier this year to axe its smaller Maritime
The US Navy (USN) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) continued a successful run for ballistic missile defense (BMD) testing during a 15 October trial with an Aegis destroyer.
Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Donald Cook (DDG 75) detected, tracked, and intercepted a medium-range
A battalion of US Marines has ended a six month-long training rotation through Northern Australia that took place under the United States Force Posture Initiatives (USFPI) in the country. The 2017 Marine Rotational Force-Darwin (MRF-D) began its departure from Darwin on 15 October, according to a
The UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) has awarded a number of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) funding to develop autonomous technology required to investigate chemical and biological hazards.
Announced by defence secretary Michael Fallon on 14 October, the contracts are the result of an innovation
The chairman of South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) General Jeong Kyeong-doo has said that his country’s military is considering a new operational plan to counter “advanced” threats from North Korea, the Yonhap news agency reported.
"We are envisioning a new operational
Venezuela has begun negotiating with Russia towards a potential order of two to four Project 636.3 Improved 'Kilo'-class diesel-electric submarines (SSKs) following Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro's meeting with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in Moscow earlier this month, military
Leonardo unveiled a new M60 main battle tank (MBT) upgrade aimed at the Middle-East market during the BIDEC defence show in Bahrain from 16 to 18 October.
Leonardo Defence Systems and Leonardo Land & Naval Defence Electronics are proposing a modular upgrade solution covering all aspects of the