- RSS Channel Showcase 3273855
- RSS Channel Showcase 3759689
- RSS Channel Showcase 6989578
- RSS Channel Showcase 4334174
Articles on this Page
- 11/01/17--17:00: _France donates equi...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _China, Russia to ho...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _China claims to hav...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _Canada cleared to b...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _Briefing: Australia...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _Australia, US sign ...
- 11/01/17--17:00: _Benelux air policin...
- 11/02/17--15:00: _RCAF officer wants ...
- 11/02/17--15:00: _Chile eyes F-16 upg...
- 11/02/17--16:00: _Pakistan, South Afr...
- 11/02/17--16:00: _COTECMAR’s BAL-C lo...
- 11/02/17--17:00: _Sweden orders more ...
- 11/02/17--17:00: _India conducts succ...
- 11/02/17--17:00: _CAE sees cyber secu...
- 11/02/17--17:00: _Australia, Fiji est...
- 11/02/17--18:00: _USN cyber-mission f...
- 11/02/17--18:00: _UK cuts helicopter ...
- 11/02/17--18:00: _Russia attacks Syri...
- 11/02/17--18:00: _Kazakhstan establis...
- 11/02/17--18:00: _Australia to upgrad...
- 11/01/17--17:00: France donates equipment for G5 Sahel battalions
- 11/01/17--17:00: Canada cleared to buy latest-variant AMRAAM
- 11/01/17--17:00: Australia, US sign MOU for development of Next Generation Jammer
- 11/01/17--17:00: Benelux air policing goes Dutch
- 11/02/17--15:00: Chile eyes F-16 upgrades, new AESA radars
- 11/02/17--16:00: Pakistan, South Africa look to expand industrial ties
- 11/02/17--16:00: COTECMAR’s BAL-C logistics ships garner more interest
- 11/02/17--17:00: Sweden orders more BONUS anti-armour munition
- 11/02/17--17:00: India conducts successful test flight of SAAW glide bomb
- 11/02/17--17:00: CAE sees cyber security as simulation, training opportunity
- 11/02/17--17:00: Australia, Fiji establish new annual defence meetings
- 11/02/17--18:00: USN cyber-mission force teams reach FOC
- 11/02/17--18:00: UK cuts helicopter training
- 11/02/17--18:00: Russia attacks Syrian chemical weapons investigation
- 11/02/17--18:00: Kazakhstan establishes UUV MRO facility
- 11/02/17--18:00: Australia to upgrade Nulka missile decoy system used by RAN
France has donated vehicles, support weapons, and communications equipment to Burkina Faso and Niger as part of the G5 Sahel counter-terrorism initiative, which also involves Chad, Mali, and Mauritania.
The Nigerien military received 13 Technamm Masstech 4x4 pickups equipped with machine guns and
China and Russia will hold their second joint computer-simulated anti-missile drill later this year, the Ministry of National Defense (MND) in Beijing announced on 26 October.
“Chinese and Russian militaries have been in close collaboration this year. We will continue working together to
China has developed its own version of the US EMALS system, according to Chinese media reports
US sources remain sceptical about whether the Chinese system could generate enough power to operate effectively on an aircraft carrier
People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) and Chinese
Canada has become the second export customer cleared to buy the latest variant Raytheon AIM-120 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM), with approval being announced on 1 November.
The Canadian government has been cleared by the US State Department to procure up to 32 AIM-120D-variant
Australia’s DMTC and CSIRO launch R&D programme to meet country’s future sensor systems requirements
Programme is supported by joint-funding model designed to promote innovation and next-generation technologies
Australia’s Defence Materials Technology Centre
The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and US Navy (USN) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to jointly develop the AN/ALQ-249 Next Generation Jammer-Medium Band (NGJ-MB) capability.
The Department of Defence (DoD) in Canberra said in a 2 November statement that the MOU, which was signed
Two Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) F-16s, supported by the air operations control station (AOCS) in Nieuw Milligen, the Netherlands, began policing the airspace over Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg (Benelux) on 30 October.
Based in Volkel, the RNLAF fighters will be on 15-minute quick
A RCAF officer would like a training product to help his pilots understand allies’ English accents
He says aviation communication can become difficult at important times of flight
A Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) officer wants a simulation and training solution to help his
The Chilean Air Force is studying options for upgrading its fleet of 46 F-16 fighters to keep the aircraft up-to-date through the 2030s, and any resulting programme would become the service's top priority, senior military sources in Santiago told Jane’s .
The plan, set to be launched between
Pakistan and South Africa have pledged to expand defence industrial collaboration, the government-run Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported on 2 November.
The APP said officials from both countries discussed ways to enhance such co-operation during meetings in Islamabad between
Colombian shipbuilder COTECMAR is moving towards potential new orders for its Short Range Logistic Support Ship (BAL-C) from Peru, Paraguay, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), sources in Bogota told Jane’s .
A USD13.5 million BAL-C vessel was ordered in October 2016 by Honduras, was
The FMV, the Swedish Defence and Materiel Administration, has placed an order with BAE Systems for 254 additional rounds of the Bofors 155mm BONUS anti-armour precision-guided munition for the Swedish Army, the company announced on 2 November.
Sweden first ordered BONUS in June 2000 and the round
The Indian government announced on 3 November that the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully flight-tested the indigenously developed Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur on the country’s east coast.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) said in a
A CAE executive sees governments and organisations increasing investment in cyber training
The company is relatively satisfied with its current established markets
CAE Inc sees simulation and training opportunity in cyber security, according to an executive.
Australia and Fiji have agreed to strengthen their bilateral defence relationship by setting up formal annual defence ministers’ meetings, the Department of Defence (DoD) in Canberra announced in a 2 November statement.
“I am pleased we are establishing a new defence ministerial meeting
Full Operational Capability was achieved almost a year ahead of schedule
The USN has 40 CMF teams, made up of approximately 1,800 personnel
The US Navy’s Cyber Mission Force (CMF) teams achieved full operational capability (FOC) in early October, almost a year ahead of schedule,
Funding shortages have led the UK’s Joint Helicopter Command (JHC) to cancel the majority of its overseas training exercises as part of a reduction of flying training across the country’s armed forces.
The cutbacks were revealed in the 2016–17 Annual Assurance Report of the
The JIM has held the Syrian air force responsible for the 4 April sarin nerve agent attack on the town of Khan Shaykhun
Russian officials have criticised the investigation as unprofessional and biased
Russia has escalated its diplomatic offensive against the Joint Investigative
Kazakhstan Engineering’s Gidropribor research institute has established a new laboratory for the maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) of the Kazakhstan navy’s unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV).
The centre will focus its work on the ECA Group systems that the navy operates, namely
The Australian government announced on 3 November that it will invest AUD207 million (USD 159 million) into upgrading the Nulka missile decoy system used by Royal Australian Navy (RAN) vessels.
In a joint statement Minister for Defence Marise Payne and Minister for Defence Industry Christopher Pyne